Saturday, May 22, 2010

kick'n it Miami



GANSEVOORT SOUTH
KICK'N IT WITH MAMMA GROSS


Gansevoort roof top pool party, with mama Gross & Co., mani's and pedi's post morning work out...design district, ice coffee, bal harbour (carpaccio dinner), now kick'n it balcony side overlooking miami's beautiful shore line (GD i wish i was in TLV).
Many stories, many pictures...much to blog about...

When luxury hotelier father & son team of Gansevoort Hotel Group New York, William and Michael Achenbaum brought the hotel to Miami's finest shoreline, I can almost guarantee that the quintisential Miami pool party (what I've experienced today) was not on the original agenda. (vision)

As current managing group of Gansevoort South, Coral Hospitality is clearly trying to:
A)make the Winter Music Conference last a little longer into the summer season, while attracting Jersey's finest and house tunes galore,
B)bring Vegas to the Latin infused turquoise beaches of Miami Beach
C)give New York's notorious Meat Packing district a sexy, southern makeover; the more tattoos, the more muscle, the less bikini...the BETTER!

I never realized that sporting daddy's Daytona on my left wrist with a vintage Chanel tote on my right, and my MOTHER could do such wonders when trying to check into an exclusive, yet trashy (in a young money Miami way), rooftop party.

"My mother and I are guests of guests who are currently on the roof, who's names I am not at liberty to say at the moment..." I checked my watch for the time and quickly looked up at the heavy set bouncer, "They have a cabana by the south end of the pool."

he looked at me and simply didn't care (I could have been Ivanka freak'n Trump and he still wouldn't care)..."your G card ma'am?" he held his hand out.

my mother chimed in with her thick European accent, "this is the line? I just don't get it! does this man understand we are late for...and people are expecting us?"She then turned to me and said something along the lines of "let's just go to neiman, this is too young for me anyway and your cousin will understnad if we don't show...yaeli, i mean look at this place! these people don't know how to dress for the beach? they think they are in the french riviera but they don't even come close!"

She reached for her bberry in her orange Burken and made a quick phone call to the party upstairs...just a little hebrew and a few BS remarks to the security guard and off we were...to the Roof top party!

it's 1:13am and my eyes are 30% open.
I can't wait to share my day with you!

to be continued (tomorrow).

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment