Tuesday, May 4, 2010

I Wanted to Change the World

While making my list of Manhattan yoga studios I have yet to practice in over the next few months, I found Yoga to the People (www.yogatothepeople.com). They live by the following quote taken from their website: “There will be no correct clothes, There will be no proper payment, There will be no right
answers ... No ego no script no pedestals.” The NYTimes just put out a review...Their story? Check'em out: http://www.yogatothepeople.com/pdf/YogasNewWave-NYTimes.pdf.

Tonight's my last night at Bikram Yoga NYC (www.bikramyoganyc.com)since my $23 intro weekly rate expires (AMAZING DEAL BTW) and I would highly recommend checking their website out (especially if you're a virgin to Bikram yoga). Before committing to one studio, I've to get a better taste of what else is out there. Other than the ultra sweaty (& smelly) studios, tiny locker rooms, & excess wet yoga clothes, I must say that after 5 classes, I'm already beginning to feel a little more accepted into NYC's elite LuLu Lemon wearing,tatoo covered, vegan eating, downtown hipster make love not war yoga society!

Now don't get me wrong here...if I'm offending anyone, that's not my goal. My generalization is not the word of GD...it's just the way I see/feel about Yoga & our happy people.

I guess I'll leave you off on this note.

I found the below on www.yogatothepeople.com.

Till next time...keep smiling!




I Wanted To Change The World
By Unknown Monk, 1100 A.D.


When I was a young man, I wanted to change the world.

I found it was difficult to change the world, so I tried to change my nation.

When I found I couldn't change the nation, I began to focus on my town. I couldn't change the town and as an older man, I tried to change my family.

Now, as an old man, I realize the only thing I can change is myself, and suddenly I realize that if long ago I had changed myself, I could have made an impact on my family. My family and I could have made an impact on our town. Their impact could have changed the nation and I could indeed have changed the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment